cat5rancid error:

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jul 22 17:51:32 UTC 2005

Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 12:59:25AM -0400, dharmesh:

> Ah well, they say its not as bad as they say it is.
>                 ---------anonymous
>
> Hi Ivan,
> Even I have 20-25 Cat 6509 Switches.
> Even I am facing exactly teh same problem.
>
> I am using Linux Fedora Core 2 with expect version 5.41.0 & tcl8.5
> I am certain this problem that you & I are facing is due to the very well illustrated fact on RANCID site .
>
> I guess you will need to
> 1) patch expect  using the patch given on rancid site i.e
> ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/expect-hack1
> 2)build tcl & expect from source
> Thus you will need to download the tcl & expect source code from rancid site as well to be able to use the patch.
>
> However I myself havent done this as yet, since my binaries are already of higher version then the once the patch talks about.
>
> I am actually planning to install Fedora Core 4 & seriously pray that the bug goes away.
>
> IF that doesnt work I have two choices:-
> 1) Use Open/Net BSB --> as site says that this prob is only wiht Solaris & Linux.
> 2) Download the src for tcl & expect from rancid site & patch expect & then try on linux.

Please, use the patch if you are using Linux or Solaris with any version of
expect.  AFAIK, the bug still exists in versions as recent as 5.40 and I have
no reason to believe it has been fixed since.

Also, please try rancid 2.3.2a2.

email rancid-discuss if the problem persists.