CVS question: export complete config everyfriday

dharmesh dbshah at myway.com
Fri Jul 1 12:07:57 UTC 2005

Ah well, they say its not as bad as they say it is.
                ---------anonymous

Hello All,
I have been an avvid user of Rancid since 2002.
We have been using ver rancid v2.0 to 2.3  on Linux Redhat 9 to Fedora Core 3.

Now my boss has enforced some LAME process upon us.
He wants us to have Complete config  backup taken every friday of all devices.

Obviously  rancid has been doing it ,  daily twice ( via cron ) & storing it in CVS.

Now i know its more of a CVS question then rancid question. But i thought you guys could help me out.

So here it is :
How do i extract complete device configs as they stand on every friday from the CVS ?

I could write a cron job , & zip the files later & email them.
All that i can do, but not sure how i can do the first step itself. i.e extract the complete config from cvs .

Any help from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
regards
dharmesh