Rancid crashing routers/remove commands

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri Dec 30 09:26:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 03:48:36PM -0500, Andrew Partan wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 12:38:28PM -0800, Austin Schutz wrote:
> > 	We've had problems here which the vendor "suspects" is due to
> > rancid rapid firing off commands during polling.
>
> What vendor is feeding you that line of bull?

	Well the bull is second hand from one of our engineers, so I'll skip
the public flogging for now.
	It sounds pretty far fetched to me as well, but I'm not part of the
team responsible for maintaining these albatrosses - excepting the rancid
polling. It's far easier in my case to just add the kludge rather than try to
prove the polling isn't causing side effects.

	Austin