Subversion and Rancid

Justin Grote justin at grote.name
Mon Aug 8 17:50:48 UTC 2005

Russell Brenner wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>Back in November 2004 there was some talk of a patch for Rancid that
>incorporate Subversion.
>
>I've not been able to find a copy of that diff anywhere (rancidSVN.diff),
>does anybody know where this patch lies or can contact me off list to grab a
>copy?

http://svn.dastylinrastan.com/rastan/rancidSVN/RancidSVN-2.3.1.patch

You can also just check out the rancidSVN directory and install it
normally like rancid.

I wrote this patch because it was pretty easy to do. It is a drop-in
replacement for the CVS rancid. I was going to make a separate patch
that would make subversion optional so that it could be merged into the
mainline rancid tree, but this worked so well that I really didn't have
any reason to do it. I will continue to track the major RANCID releases
and merge in those changes appropriately. Maybe one of these days I'll
get off my ass and write an optional patch so that subversion support
can be merged into the mainline rancid, as my patch seems to be pretty
popular.

The site above might be a little slow for a couple of weeks, as I am in
the process of moving the host to a new provider.