rancid 2.3.1 failure with all "cat5" devices (was working before 2.3rc1 -> 2.3.1 upgrade)

Christopher E. Brown chris.brown at acsalaska.net
Tue Sep 28 19:45:47 UTC 2004

john heasley wrote:
> Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 04:27:11PM -0800, Christopher E. Brown:
>
>>bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/libexec/rancid/cat5rancid -d cs02-nwc
>>executing clogin -t 300 -c"show version;show boot;show flash;dir
>>bootflash:;dir slot0:;dir slot1:;dir sup-bootflash:;dir
>>sup-microcode:;show module;show port ifindex;write term all;write term"
>>cs02-nwc
>>PROMPT MATCH: cs02-nwc>
>

>>HIT COMMAND:cs02-nwc> (enable) write term all
>>    In WriteTerm: cs02-nwc> (enable) write term all
>>write(spawn_id=4): I/O error
>>    while executing
>>"send "exit\r""
>>    invoked from within
>>"expect -nobrace -re {^[^
>> *]*cs02-nwc> \(enable\)} {
>

> Does this occur all the time or transient?  does write term all complete
> with disconnect of the terminal session?

#authorization
set authorization exec enable tacacs+ none console
set authorization exec enable tacacs+ none telnet
set authorization enable enable tacacs+ none console
set authorization enable enable tacacs+ none telnet
set authorization commands enable all tacacs+ none console
set authorization commands enable all tacacs+ none telnet
end
cs01_nwc> (enable)This command shows non-default configurations only.
Use 'write terminal all' to show both default and non-default
configurations.

Interesting, this is the end of write term all, and the start of write
term from the .raw file

Notice the lost echoback, we see the prompt, but not where "write term"
is entered.