Using rancid to hop from router to router

Krzysztof Adamski kadamski at netsurf.net
Thu Oct 14 18:05:15 UTC 2004

I started hacking the code a bit, but stopped when I run out of knowledge of tcl
:-)

Here is what I did for the auth part to the .clogin:

add method 128.1.253.33 dssh:abc.example.com
add user 128.1.253.33 testuser
add password 128.1.253.33 testpass enablepass
add hoppassword 128.1.253.33 2ndenablepass

and in clogin (this code will login to abc.example.com router:
        } elseif [string match "dssh*" $prog] {
                send_user "\ntrying dssh method $hoppassword\n"
            regexp {dssh(:([^[:space:]]+))*} $prog command suffix hophost
            if {"$hophost" == ""} {
###             set retval [ catch {spawn telnet $router} reason ]
            } else {
                set retval [ catch {spawn $sshcmd -c $cyphertype -x -l $user $hophost} reason ]
            }
            if { $retval } {
                send_user "\nError: dssh failed: $reason\n"
                exit 1
            }

This is where my knowledge of tcl stopped me from getting any further.