jerancid for ERX's with "service manual-commit"?

Mark Cooper mcooper at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 18:21:01 UTC 2004

Andrew Partan wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:04:50PM -0700, Williamson, Todd wrote:
>
>>I altered bin/jerancid to issue "show running-configuration exclude
>>interface atm" instead of "show configuration".  I also tried it without
>>the "exclude interface atm" piece and with a 1200 second timeout (there
>>are *a lot* of pre-provisioned atm sub-interfaces in our configs).
>>
>>but jerancid's debug output always indicates the following:

Think this is related to the same problem I'm seeing which is jerancid
b0rking when coming across things not 'in sync'

I commented out the following lines in jerancid and everything works fine:-
         # fail if the RP is amid the auto-sync process
#       return(-1) if (/auto-sync enabled/ && !/in sync/);
         # fail if the RP is amid the auto-sync process
#       return(-1) if (/active\/standby/ && !/not sync/);

I haven't supplied a patch as yet as I saw this as a kludge until I
could find out from Juniper what its all about ;)

HTH

--

Mark Cooper
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/ - Open Source PVR Hardware Database