ssh with authorized_keys

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Wed May 12 21:47:31 UTC 2004

I'm trying to use rancid for quagga as well. Quagga either supports
access via telnet on port 260x or via vtysh/ssh.

To use rancid with telnet on port 260x works quite well, but I run into
problems when I want to use it with vtysh/ssh. Obviously rancid also
expects to login via username/password. When using ssh & ssh-agent I no
longer need an username/password. I fiddled around with different
settings but can not convince rancid to not echo the username. It always
looks like

 Hello, this is quagga (version 0.96.4).
 Copyright 1996-2002 Kunihiro Ishiguro.

 rs1> quagga