Newbie question

Jeff Aitken jaitken at aitken.com
Mon Mar 29 16:43:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 06:37:14PM +0200, Otto, Axel wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your quick response, but this is exactly what I'm looking
> for. I know that only the last "changer" will be saved that way but, based
> on the fact that this would be stored at CVS, it would work for me.

I think this might do what you want:

% diff -c rancid rancid.new
*** rancid      Mon Mar 29 08:38:19 2004
--- rancid.new  Mon Mar 29 08:40:59 2004
***************
*** 1130,1139 ****
            }
            tr/\015//d;
        }
-       # some versions have other crap mixed in with the bits in the
-       # block above
-       /^! (Last configuration|NVRAM config last)/ && next;
-
        # skip consecutive comment lines to avoid oscillating extra comment
        # line on some access servers.  grrr.
--- 1130,1135 ----

--Jeff