nlogin issues

joshua sahala jejs+rancid at sahala.org
Wed Mar 17 01:17:46 UTC 2004

On (16/03/04 21:58), Andrew Fort wrote:

> Is it the enable password, or the user password, that is failing?.

#### the 2.3 nlogin ####
rancid at loki: rancid$ nlogin fw01.fch1
fw01.fch1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin fw01.fch1
secadmin at fw01.fch1's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Error: Check your passwd for fw01.fch1

#### the qorbit nlogin ####
rancid at loki: rancid$ src/nrancid/nlogin fw01.fch1
fw01.fch1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin fw01.fch1
secadmin at fw01.fch1's password:
This computer system is mine - GO AWAY!!!!
fw01.fch1->

> Would you mind sharing (to rancid at shrubbery.net if you like) the
> .cloginrc entries you have for the > firewall (password obscured,
> but otherwise syntax intact)

add user                fw01.fch1               admin
add userpassword        fw01.fch1               {!W at ntsl33p}
add password            fw01.fch1               {!W at ntsl33p}
add method              fw01.fch1               ssh
#add noenable           fw01.fch1

> and an output dump so I help you track it down further?

what other output would be useful to you?

> Also, does the username getting echoed back correctly (as far as
> you can tell?).

yes - see above

thanks

/joshua

--
Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT.
	Jonathan Gilpin