rancid hangs on 'show controllers'

David C davidc at sargasso.net
Fri Mar 12 08:07:43 UTC 2004

Hi Andrew,

I just tried 2.3rc1 with the same problem (previously I was running 2.2,
I forgot to mention).

I did find (with both versions) that when using clogin, setting
'terminal length 0' and then doing 'show controllers' does cause it to
hang right near the end.

Using ssh directly and doing the same thing does not hang.

'show controllers' output is pretty long, so I guess there's a problem
in clogin somewhere dealing with large output? Should I send the entire
output?

David