rivlogin problem

Scott B. Lowe scotty at coretel.net
Wed Jun 16 16:07:32 UTC 2004

Thanks for the input Andrew,

I am using version 2.3 now with no luck.  Let me explain a little more
of what I have.  My Riverstones only have one password for
last-resort/enable/vty.  They are all the same.  I only use tac+ for the
initial login after the "Press return to activate...".  I set up the
.cloginrc file as you explained and it still gave me a bad password
error when it went to enable.  I was convinced that rivlogin was
ignoring the password line and just using the tac+ password for enable
so I tested it.  I created a tac+ user with a password that is the same
as the enable password on the Riverstone.  You can guess what
happened.....that worked fine.  In fact I can remove the password line
all together and it will still go all the way through enable.  This must
be a bug in the rivlogin script as it only pays attention to the first
password on the line.  I can't leave the tac+ password the same as the
enable password so if you have any more suggestions I would be grateful.