RANCID's fantastic!

Andrew Pollock rancid-andrew at andrew.net.au
Wed Jan 21 23:33:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 11:15:05AM +1100, Andrew Fort wrote:

> I'd definately like to see this also, (not just for lab gear).  There
> was a little discussion about this a few months back, you might check
> the archives to see what came of that.

(htdig seems busted, the archive files aren't particularly friendly)

Okay, I'm now having a serious play with RANCID, and I'd like to see it do
the out of band stuff I mentioned a while ago (i.e. we have switches,
they're not telnetable, but the console is accessible via SSH to a Cyclades
console access server).

Can someone point me in the right direction as to what I'd have to modify to
implement this?

regards

Andrew