Does RANCID handle Cisco PIX devices?

Hopper, Faron W. faron.hopper at capgemini.com
Tue Dec 28 20:13:30 UTC 2004

I have tried setting these devices to cisco from cat5.  There is no
change.
Rancid is not able to log into my PIXes.  The PIX's don't have telnet
enabled,
but this shouldn't be a big deal for RANCID.  Could the problem be in
how
I have setup the .cloginrc file?

my .cloginrc file is as follows

    add method              *     {telnet} {ssh}
    add autoenable          *     {1}
    add enauser             *     {net\-cfg\-bak}
    add user                *     {net-cfg-bak}
    add password            *     {pass}

    # set ssh encryption type, dflt: 3des
    add cyphertype *                {3des}

The other thought that I had is that something might be configured
differently (misconfigured?) on TACACAS.

My TACACS+ username is net-cfg-bak

	aaa-server TACACS+ protocol tacacs+
	aaa-server TACACS+ (outside) host 10.2.1.61 key timeout 15
	aaa-server TACACS+ (outside) host 10.2.1.62 key timeout 15
	aaa-server RADIUS protocol radius
	aaa-server LOCAL protocol tacacs+
	aaa-server local protocol tacacs+
	aaa authentication ssh console TACACS+
	aaa authentication telnet console TACACS+
	aaa authentication enable console TACACS+

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Faron