add method * {telnet} {ssh} not working

Hopper, Faron W. faron.hopper at capgemini.com
Wed Dec 8 17:27:44 UTC 2004

Hello,\
   I have configured RANCID (v2.3) on a FreeBSD box.  It seems to be working for some devices.  When I
look at the log file I see that it is trying ssh to devices even though I have added a method
stating that I want telnet first.  I have 2 devices in my router.db file that accept ssh, and they
are the only 2 that are working.  I am using a TACACS+ username to login to all Cisco devices.
Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks
Faron

.cloginrc
=====================================
add autoenable          *               {1}
add enauser             *               {net\-cfg\-bak}
add password            *               {password}
add method              *               {telnet} {ssh}

log file:
Getting missed routers: round 4.
10.153.207.197 clogin error: Error: Connection Refused (ssh): 10.153.207.197
10.153.207.197: missed cmd(s): show bootvar,show redundancy secondary,dir /all sup-microcode:,show boot,dir /all slaveslot1:,show vlan,dir /all harddiskb:,dir /all slot1:,show rsp chassis-info,show diag,dir /all slavedisk1:,dir /all sec-slot1:,dir /all disk1:,show vtp status,show controllers,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk1:,show diagbus,show flash,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all slavenvram:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all slot0:,show c7200,show module,write term,dir /all nvram:,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir /all slot2:,dir /all slavedisk0:,dir /all sec-slot0:,show version,show controllers cbus,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all sec-nvram:,dir /all slavedisk2:,dir /all sec-slot2:,show env all,dir /all disk0:,dir /all disk2:,show variables boot,show gsr chassis,dir /all sec-disk0:,show idprom backplane,show spe version,dir /all slavesup-bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk2:,dir /all slavebootflash:,dir /all sec-bootflash:,show running-config,show install active
10.153.207.197: End of run not found
!
10.153.207.200 clogin error: Error: Connection Refused (ssh): 10.153.207.200
10.153.207.200: missed cmd(s): show bootvar,show redundancy secondary,dir /all sup-microcode:,show boot,dir /all slaveslot1:,show vlan,dir /all harddiskb:,dir /all slot1:,show rsp chassis-info,show diag,dir /all slavedisk1:,dir /all sec-slot1:,dir /all disk1:,show vtp status,show controllers,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk1:,show diagbus,show flash,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all slavenvram:,dir /all harddiska:,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all slot0:,show c7200,show module,write term,dir /all nvram:,dir /all sup-bootflash:,dir /all slot2:,dir /all slavedisk0:,dir /all sec-slot0:,show version,show controllers cbus,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all sec-nvram:,dir /all slavedisk2:,dir /all sec-slot2:,show env all,dir /all disk0:,dir /all disk2:,show variables boot,show gsr chassis,dir /all sec-disk0:,show idprom backplane,show spe version,dir /all slavesup-bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk2:,dir /all slavebootflash:,dir /all sec-bootflash:,show running-config,show install active
10.153.207.200: End of run not found