Hang after login with HP ProCurve 4108gl

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Sep 23 17:55:59 UTC 2003

Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:17:24AM +0200, Jens von B?low:
> Greetings,
>
> I am experiencing a login "hang" straight after a successful loin (almost as if I am still stuck in an expect).... I can type, but I never receive any response (I can type the command but can't appear press enter)...
>
> I am using
>
>     <snip>
>     HP J4865A ProCurve Switch 4108GL
>     Firmware revision G.07.26
>     </snip>
>
> and wonder if other users as experiencing the same problem?

do you mean it logs into a box fine, but fails on box2?  ie:

	hlogin box1 box2

or that it authenticates and then hangs?  in the latter case, stephen
miller's reply is probably correct.

> How do I debug this?

try switching the autoenable knob and/or see exp_internal in expect (1).