Newbie Problems - - Please see below

funraps too funraps at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 20:18:28 UTC 2003

I can get clogin to work just fine both under the new account I've created and my regular accounts., but the do_diff is giving me the error.
My tacacs logs indicate that the user has logged in but did not execute any commands..

Andrew Partan <asp at partan.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 11:47:45AM -0800, funraps too wrote:
> I'm sure this has been answered, but I think I have the problem
> that is detailed on the main Rancid page... the Expect problem...

> x.x.x.x clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
> y.y.y.y clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
> x.x.x.x clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached

It might be that you are running into problems actually reaching
the router & logging into it. Make sure you can telnet/ssh to the
router and that your passwords are right in your .cloginrc. See if you
can get clogin working first.
--asp