Multi-line commands

Nipper, Arnold arnold at nipper.de
Mon Nov 10 23:11:50 UTC 2003

I'm using rancid since a couple of months and find it very valuable esp.
when retrieving the same information from a lot of routers/switches.

There are some commands on the catalyst 6500 which require multiple lines of
input (e.g. "clear counters" where you will be prompted for "Do you want to
continue (y/n) [n]?").

With IOS and telnetting into a router I've been successful (iirc) when
separating the commands by "^M" (i.e. Ctrl-M). But that doesn't work with
CatOS and rancid.

How do you deal with multi-line comamnds?

Regards, Arnold