how to make rancid ignore password string changes

georg.naggies at rizit.at georg.naggies at rizit.at
Fri May 30 06:34:41 UTC 2003

Hello!

I'm quite new to Rancid and love it of course, because for example
CiscoWorks just can't compare in speed and reliability.

Now I would like to tweak it to its best.

Therefore one question, ... how to make rancid ignore password string
changes?

For example the "ntp authentication-key" changes all the time, and this
makes cvs create a new version all the time. I would still like to have the
passwords in the archive. (FILTER_PWDS=NO; export FILTER_PWDS)

Thanks for hints,

Mag. Georg Naggies
Raiffeisen Informatik Zentrum GmbH
NOC
A-1020 Wien, Lilienbrunngasse 7-9, Zimmer 06F
Tel:  +43-(1)-99398 - 9354
Fax:  +43-(1)-99398 - 5501
georg.naggies at rizit.at
http://www.rizit.at