clogin to reverse telnet on console

Mike Ethridge mike at garibaldi0.com
Thu May 15 04:06:18 UTC 2003

Greetings all.  I have a cisco 3640 with three NM-32A's acting as a
terminal server for several other routers and switches.  One in particular
is my external Internet router.  Now I'm trying to add the Internet router
to rancid, but since I can't telnet net to it, I can only access it's
console via reverse telnet to the terminal server, it's been very difficult.

What is happening is when you telnet to the terminal server, you have to
press enter at least once before you get the console login prompt from the
Internet router.  So, clogin doesn't get the typical telnet login prompt so
it times out.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

--ME