hp config goes to null

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Jun 14 18:29:54 UTC 2003

Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 09:45:42AM -0700, Randy Bush:
> for weeks, rancid fetched a good config from my procurve 2524.
> then, one otherwise calm day, i got the following <edited> diff.
>
> and i no longer get the config.
>
> any clues?

are there any error msgs in ~randy/rancid/logs/psgnet.* wrt this switch?

rancid should not "delete" the saved config if it has trouble collecting
any of the data, but there is always the chance that we have missed some
corner case.

a quick check is, as the user who runs rancid,
% cd ~randy/rancid/bin
% hrancid -c "show version;show flash;show system-information;show module;show stack;write term" myswitch.bellhead.com