hp config goes to null

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Sat Jun 14 17:25:08 UTC 2003

	Hello Randy ,

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Hello Randy , Is the system still contactable ?  I suspect
> > you've already check that ?  Does the present config show the
> > same as the last update ?  If I were to recieve a config change
> > like that basically showing the the config had been erased ...
> > Any code updates ? , ???  Sorry for just the ?'s .  JimL

> system contactable, snmp-able, same old config when logging in,
> blah blah.  no code load (should i?).
	Can you using snmpget acquire the config ?  I am going to assume
	that you will not get a valid config back from the request .

	I don't recommend (yet) to upgrade the code base .
	Uptime of the switch ?
	Just off chance have you tried rebooting the unit ?  If you have
	not ,  I am getting a bad feeling that something in the unit may
	be getting corrupted .  Not a certainty just a bad feeling .
	So rebooting could be a bad thing .

	Can you check the or even do you have a CRC/MD5 of the codebase ?
	One thing for certain 'something' has changed .