CatOS Problem

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Tue Jul 15 14:47:45 UTC 2003

Hi all,
I recently installed Rancid 2.2 on a FreeBSD 4.8 server and am having
troubles getting it to work with CatOS.  I have two 6509 switches
running CatOS that Rancid will not work with.  I have the following
specified in my router.db:

catswitch01:cat5:up
catswitch02:cat5:up

When I run the 'do-diffs', the following is what I receive:

starting: Mon Jul 14 21:45:07 EDT 2003

Trying to get all of the configs.
!
catswitch01 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
catswitch01: missed cmd(s): dir sup-bootflash:,write term,dir
sup-microcode:,
dir slot0:,dir bootflash:,dir slot1:,show port ifindex,show boot,show
module,show flash,show
 version
catswitch01: End of run not found
!
catswitch02 clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
catswitch02: missed cmd(s): dir sup-bootflash:,write term,dir
sup-microcode:,
dir slot0:,dir bootflash:,dir slot1:,show port ifindex,show boot,show
module,show flash,show
 version
catswitch02: End of run not found

I have tried using both the 'clogin' and 'cat5rancid' scripts to run
commands in the switches, but nothing happens when it logs in.  It gets
to the 'catswitch01> (enable)' prompt and just times out.  I am running
CatOS 6.3.1 on both switches and using telnet to access them.

I tried searching through the archives and found several users with
somewhat similar problems, but most of their issues were resolved by
using 'cat5' in the router.db file.

Any ideas?

thanks,
eric