Riverstone Router (and Enterasys 8600s, anyone?)

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Wed Jul 9 07:23:18 UTC 2003

listuser at numbnuts.net wrote:

>Their router OS's CLI would be quite familar to anyone familar with
>Cisco's IOS.  The verb and noun have been switched to stave off Cisco
>lawsuit threats for using something similar to their CLI.  Other than that
>it's quite close to the feel of IOS.  You won't get anything out of their
>swtiches though.  They are all menu driven.  I never have been able to
>work out and expect script to manipulate it.

yeah.. we have a number of 8600s, and mostly 2200s and VHs that need
collection.  you could capture all the output of a script fumbling
through the menus, then strip all the evil escape chars, and place the
information into the repository.. not great, but better than nothing,
perhaps.  we have a script to gather the information, just not parse it
into something suitable for the repository at this stage.

Are folks out there using the rivlogin (from 2.3-eft) successfully with
version 8 software on SSR8600s?

-afort