Cloginvs dollar signs

Gee-clough, Aaron (NIH/CIT) geecla at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 30 16:13:26 UTC 2003

> please provide an example of your .cloginrc entry.  afaik,
> what you've tried should have worked.

Okay:

There's an entry that doesn't change:
add method * ssh

The others I change...

First example, with just the \ escaping:
.cloginrc has:
add user lab-*	te\$tpass
add userpassword	lab-* te\$tpass

clogin to the lab machine gives me:

[rancid at lithium rancid] clogin lab-test.nih.gov
lab-test.nih.gov
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l {te$tpass} lab-test.nih.gov
{te$tpass}@lab-test.nih.gov's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Error: Check your passwd for lab-test.nih.gov

Second example, with no escaping, but with braces:
.cloginrc has:
add user lab-*	{te$tpass}
add userpassword	lab-*	{te$tpass}

Clogin to the lab machine this time gives me:
[rancid at lithium rancid] clogin lab-test.nih.gov
lab-test.nih.gov
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l {te$tpass} lab-test.nih.gov
{te$tpass}@lab-test.nih.gov's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Error: Check your passwd for lab-test.nih.gov

So, adding braces means I don't have to escape the $, but they stay in for
the username.  Escaping it also get it removed, but adds braces.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aaron