RANCID's fantastic!

David Williamson davidw at certaintysolutions.com
Fri Dec 5 22:28:23 UTC 2003

Since we're getting excited about cool software, consider using conserver
(http://www.conserver.com) to manage your serial ports.  I agree that
in-band access to network gear isn't ideal, and it would be really cool
if rancid would support connections via an intermediate device.

Given that conserver's interface is pretty simple, I suspect that *login
could be easily modified to utilize something like conserver (or direct
ssh to a serial port, as you suggest), but I haven't looked at it.

Perhaps this is something the user community could request for a future
version?

OH yes...you're completely correct that rancid is a great tool...I don't
know what I'd do without it!

-David

--
David Williamson                |       "Wine is light, held
Certainty Solutions, Inc.       |        together by water."