supress diffs for certain config parts (port security CatOS)

Nipper, Arnold arnold at nipper.de
Sat Aug 16 11:03:46 UTC 2003

Now that rancid is running smooth (thanks to Anchi and John) I would like
rancid to not doing diffs for certain parts of the config? Why? I'm running
port security with dynamic update on the C6509 CatOS boxes and the MAC
addresses hence are part of the config. As these are changing frequently
rancid sends config diffs almost always.

Is there a knob to turn off diff for certain parts? Or more precisely: where
do I have to insert a "grep -v"? Perhaps this could be made a feature. I.e
specify a file with regexp pattern which will be omitted when doing the
diff?

Arnold