missed cmds under redhat 9.0

Bug bugtraq at porksoda.com
Wed Aug 13 15:44:10 UTC 2003

I am trying to migrate my rancid collection machine from Solaris 2.8 to
Redhat 9.0.  The diffs are working, but rancid logs into each cisco
router 4 times with the errors -

svl0rtr00: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers
cbus
svl0rtr01: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers
cbus
svl0rtr02: missed cmd(s): show diag,show install active,show controllers
cbus

When I look at the raw dialog, I see the commands are there -

 Entry=13:  Addr=FFFF.FFFF.FFFF^M
  Entry=14:  Addr=FFFF.FFFF.FFFF^M
  Entry=15:  Addr=0000.2100.0000^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show controllers cbus^M
                            ^^M
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show diagbus^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show diag^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show module^M
% Incomplete command.^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show c7200^M
                ^^M
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show vtp status^M
                 ^^M
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.^M
^M
svl0rtr00#show vlan^M
% Incomplete command.^M
^M
svl0rtr00#write term^M
Building configuration...^M
^M
Current configuration : 11485 bytes^M
!^M
! Last configuration change at 17:12:12 PDT Tue Aug 12 2003^M
! NVRAM config last updated at 17:12:13 PDT Tue Aug 12 2003^M
!^M
version 12.1^M

This setup worked great under solaris, and it still works well for the
foundry and extreme gear.

Here's the versions
		solaris		redhat
OS		5.8		9.0
rancid		2.2.2		2.2.2
perl		v5.6.1		v5.8.0
expect		5.38.0		5.38.0

Any help would be appreciated.  It looks like it's in the perl parsing
the output, but I haven't been able to chase it down.

Thanks

-Mark