Problem with CatOS logins

Temkin, David temkin at sig.com
Wed Aug 6 12:32:02 UTC 2003

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I've tried all of
the suggested fixes and haven't been able to figure it out.  I have a
freshly compiled/patched version of expect and tcl, so I don't think that's
the issue...

Cat5login appears to log into the switches correctly, but then it just hangs
thinking that it's waiting for something else.  Autoenable is enabled (the
username goes straight to enable mode) so I don't think that's the issue
either..

>From having clogin dump a raw file, here's what I see:

User Access Verification

Username: ServiceCW2k
Password:
xxx> (enable)
Error: TIMEOUT reached

And then it just dies.

The logfile shows:

Xxx.xxx.com clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
Xxx.xxx.com: missed cmd(s): show port ifindex,show module,dir
sup-microcode:,dir sup-bootflash:,dir bootflash:,dir slot0:,show
version,show flash,write term,show boot,dir slot1:
Xxx.xxx.com: End of run not found

Thanks,
-Dave