Ignoring IP-Host DIFF in Cisco configs

Brian Apley rancid at apley.net
Wed Apr 30 17:32:42 UTC 2003

Hello all- new to the group and rancid, like what I see so far.

It seems like a new "feature" (or maybe it's been there forever and I
haven't noticed it) of IOS is that it puts the most-recently used IP host
entry at the top of the host list. This of course causes the DIFF to be
triggered, and with rancid, for the version number to increment.

Is there anyway to filter this out of rancid's diff? (understanding that it
can be filtered from the mail update, but I'd like to not see the version
number increment every time someone uses a host name). Is there a way to
turn this off in IOS?

I searched the mail archive for an answer, to no avail. Any insight is
greatly appreciated.

Brian Apley
CCIE #7599