a couple RANCID processes hanging.....

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Apr 16 22:37:06 UTC 2003

Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 06:18:10PM -0400, SEGUIN, RONALD:
> No telnet processes....but I also noticed I have the following RANCID process
> running as well....
>
> 28739 ?        S      0:00 cvs commit -m updates

that's one i've never seen before!  my guess would be that you ended up
with a stale lock in the cvs repository and it's waiting for the lock
to be freed.  see the cvs manpage for info on it's lock files.

the other possibility is that it's waiting for input of some kind (which
i doubt), but you should be able to kill that process and it's output
should appear in that rancid group's log file.