parts of config missing, then back

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Nov 14 05:44:49 UTC 2002

I've noticed an occasional bug, where for some reason rancid will lose
large parts of a config (seems to only happen on Cisco AS5200's so far).
Eventually, the missing config (or parts of it) comes back.  i.e.

In the past couple of runs for one particular 5248, first 70 lines of
config vanish (everything in interface Ethernet0 other than the interface
name, most of interface Virtual-Template1, and the entire sections for
interfaces serial0, serial1, serial0:23, and serial1:23).  Some number of
runs later, the serial interfaces return, but the missing config data from
Ethernet0 and Virtual-Template1 are still gone.  I'm running do-diffs
hourly, so somehow the same incomplete config is downloaded multiple times
before returning to normal.

Anyone seen this before?

Revision 1.4 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Thu Nov 14
05:15:36 2002 UTC (16 minutes, 31 seconds ago) by rancid
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: HEAD
Changes since 1.3: +42 -0 lines
Diff to previous 1.3 (colored)

Revision 1.3 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs], Thu Nov 14
02:16:12 2002 UTC (3 hours, 15 minutes ago) by rancid
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.2: +0 -70 lines
Diff to previous 1.2 (colored)

 Atlantic Net                |