Newbie: Problems with Catalyst

Andrew Partan asp at partan.com
Tue Mar 12 20:57:13 UTC 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 03:32:27PM -0500, Robert Klingsten wrote:
> ummu-cis6513-mr> (enable)Connection to ummu-cis6513-mr.ummu.umich.edu closed
> by remote host.
> Connection to ummu-cis6513-mr.ummu.umich.edu closed.

Looks like it could be another case of a router being too eager to
drop the tcp session and not echoing back the 'quit' rancid sends
it first.

Rancid sends a 'quit' and then the router should echo that back &
then close the tcp session (it should wait for the output to drain
before doing the final tcp close).  Some routers have bugs and
don't do this.

I know we had to do a fair amount of expect goo to work around this
for the extreme (in xrancid).
	--asp