Trouble with alogin

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Feb 13 23:38:49 UTC 2002

Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 03:16:31PM -0800, David Williamson:
> Hey!
>
> I'm finally trying to get our Alteon's incorporated into rancid.
> When I run alogin against one of them, I get this output:

> [Main Menu]
>       info    - Information Menu
>       stats   - Statistics Menu
>       cfg     - Configuration Menu
>       oper    - Operations Command Menu
>       boot    - Boot Options Menu
>       maint   - Maintenance Menu
>       diff    - Show pending config changes  [global command]
>       apply   - Apply pending config changes [global command]
>       save    - Save updated config to FLASH [global command]
>       revert  - Revert pending or applied changes [global command]
>       exit    - Exit  [global command, always available]
>
> >> Main# expected boolean value but got ""
>     while executing
> "if {[login $router $ruser $userpswd $passwd $prompt $cmethod $cyphertype]} {
>         continue
>     }"
>     ("foreach" body line 59)
>     invoked from within
> "foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
>     set router [string tolower $router]
>     send_user "$router\n"
>
>     # Figure out prompt.
>     set prompt ">>  ..."
>     (file "/home/rancid/bin/alogin" line 421)
>
> It successfully logs in, but then it seems to croak.  Any ideas?  I don't

i suspect that there is a return statement in the login procedure that
doesnt return a number value or it's an implicit return perhaps due to
an empty $cmethod variable.

what version of rancid?

> speak expect, so use small words. :)

do more crack.  that'l help you understand expect.