Minor fix for C5RSM reporting in RANCID

Terry Kennedy terry at tmk.com
Fri Feb 1 23:47:27 UTC 2002

> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 04:40:46PM -0500, Terry Kennedy wrote:
> >   There is a typo in IOS for the C5RSM (RSP2 for the Catalyst 5x00). If you
> > do a "show diag", you'll see:
>
> What is the cisco bugid?  What version(s) of s/w does this exist in?

  No bug ID (that I know of). A search of the bug toolkit for "controler"
only shows some of the same typo in bug notes for unrelated problems. But
since this would be a P5 (or lower) bug, it may not show up there. Similar-
ly, it would probably be pretty low on the list to get fixed, and many of
the releases it is present in are EOL anyway.

  I have verified it is present in:

  11.2(18)P *
  11.3(11)T *
  12.0(9)W5-17 *
  12.1(9)
  12.2(6a)

  The above noted with "*" were done by downloading the image, uncompressing
it, and searching for "controler". The ones without "*" were actually observed
on a running C5RSM.

  Further, I looked in rsp-jsv-mz.122-7.bin (which doesn't run on the C5RSM!)
and it even shows up there.

> I don't really want to much rancid over for every little bug typo
> in every vendor's code, esp if this is for a limited set of versions.
> If the bug is wide-spread, then I could see perhaps doing it.

  I'd say that based on the above, it is pretty widespread - it looks like
it is in every IOS ever built that includes C5IP device support, including
some that don't even run on that hardware.

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA