rancid hangs due to expect, ssh, or cisco?

Johan Grip johan.grip at emea.sykes.com
Tue Dec 31 06:53:56 UTC 2002

I am also experiencing this problem as well, and the patch for expect did
not help in my case. My setup is cisco routers and a debian 3.0 installation
using kernel 2.4.18 and expect 5.32.2.

I have for now worked around this by using telnet instead of SSH, but the
still remains the same. I am also expriencing this issue sometimes when I
run commands with large output without paging on the routers as well,
so I do think it might be something in IOS.

Currently playing around to see what I can come up with.

Regards,
  Johan