Rancid with Zebra

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Oct 18 17:03:06 UTC 2001

Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 09:56:40AM -0700, Rizzo, Joe:
> Is anyone using rancid with zebra (www.zebra.org <http://www.zebra.org> )?
>
> The interface looks and feels like Cisco IOS.  The problem is that zebra
> listens on tcp port 2601.  Each routing protocol daemon listens on a unique
> port as well.  Example: ospfd listens on 2604.
>
> To completely pull the zebra configs, rancid would need to login to the same
> system on multiple ports.
>
> I could make zebra listen on port 23, but then ospfd, ripd, bgpd, etc would
> have to listen on another port.

havent used it; but that's nasty.  i've used mrt, but didnt occur to me
to run rancid against since it did poorly with heavy bgp load.  mrt should
collect as :cisco:, since iirc it's identical to the cisco ui.

> I could have 2 hostnames for the system:
> 10.1.1.1 vpn01_zebra vpn01_ospfd
>
> Then have multiple entries in router.db:
> vpn01_zebra:cisco:up
> vpn01_ospfd:cisco:up
>
> But, how could I tell rancid to use port 2601 rather that port 23 to telnet
> to certain hosts?

can't at the moment.  suspect something like

.cloginrc:
add method *	{telnet:24}	{ssh:19}

would be a good way to deal with it.