RANCID and TFTP.

David Williamson davidw at certaintysolutions.com
Thu Oct 18 06:59:43 UTC 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:08:04AM +1000, Andrew Fort wrote:
> I manually replace the passwords in the device, usually in the temporary
> file before its uploaded.  If not, I usually forget to put the BGP md5 auth
> passwords in, think "ugh, why doesn't the thing bring up adjacen... doh!"
> and then get with the program, so a script to regexp the ! password
> <removed> stuff with the users' input would be a useful thing, also (or more
> coffee).

An option to not strip the passwords would also be useful, although I
admit I wouldn't use it.  Given a decent password storage mechanism
(you all have one, right?), it's pretty much a little perl to put the
config file back to 'reality' before shoving it onto the router.

Or more caffeine, as suggested.

-David