rancid in a push configuration?

Andrew Partan asp at partan.com
Tue Jul 31 03:18:17 UTC 2001

> The particular job I was interested in is single configuration command
> submission to a list of devices. A simple change like the syslog destination
> comes to mind as an example.

You can also write an expect script that clogin can call to do this
sort of thing.

There is a script util/cisco-load.exp (comes as part of rancid)
that loads cisco config files from a rcp server.  Ditto cisco-reload.exp
for rebooting routers.

At one point (like 7 years ago) I had a collection of 50 some expect
scripts that did various things to ciscos.

	--asp