Slides for Ptomaine session

Cleve Mickles micklesc at aol.net
Fri Mar 22 04:47:22 UTC 2002

I took a look at the remaining slides...The routing announcement
wasn't a typo.  We generally trust the allocations we get from
the registries and changed the BGP announcement when we received
the update from the registry.  We have a strict inbound and
outbound BGP filtering policy for our V6 peers to prevent
us/AOL from announcing things we should not.

In the future, we should trust but verify what we get from the
registries.  We should have questioned the allocation when we
received it initially.  I'd be curious to know what caused them
to notice and correct our allocation?  Was it our annoucement
or an internal audit?

Cleve...